Monday, November 26, 2007

Things I Learned at the Ranger Game

Thanks Howard for sending this in. If you are planning on attending a sporting event you can always send in your things I learned at... to popoinmycrib@gmail.com



Islanders 2, Rangers 1


1) Zambonis have brights. Who would have thunk it? But I guess if you
want to pass another Zamboni on the ice, it is a good method.

2) I did not realize they still made Aqua Velva. Either that or the
guys in front of me are stockpiling for the apocolypse. Or you can
tattoo an odor onto your body.

3) Rangers jerseys never die! Pavel Bure, Theo Fleury. People still
wear them with pride. I mean, who wears a Pat Lafontaine Rangers
jersey to a Rangers/Islanders game? A Rangers fan.

4) Visiting sports fans are dumb. I'm all for supporting your team on
the road. But do you need to go around the arena provoking folks? Look
around you. You are at Madison Square Garden and there are 500 Rangers
fans to every one Islander fan. Odds are, unless you are Bruce Lee
('Enter the Dragon' teaches us that one man can defeat several hundred
in hand-to-hand combat if they are determined enough), you are not going
to end up ok here.

5) The Knicks suck. I believe the Knicks have a higher payroll then the
Rangers but I'd still put my money on the Rangers in a basketball game.
Sean Avery would beat down Eddie Curry.

6) Speaking of Sean Avery - The world is against Sean Avery. World,
don't mess with someone who dated Jack Bauer's daughter!

7) Even a beer line is not a peaceful place. As a Rangers fan, I hate
the Islanders. However, I believe a beer line is a sort of Geneva of
concessions lines. Keep the fighting to the other areas, please.

8) What goes best with a hot dog? A kinish. Actually, I already knew
that. But I affirmed it.

9) Two large diet cokes is too much caffeine for me. I'm talking jumbo
movie sized here. So I'm not that much of a wimp.

10) It's gonna be a long season. Not as much for the Rangers. But for
that person wearing that foam puck on her head. It looks like it's
really warm and uncomfortable.
(Photo: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Howard

No comments: