Tuesday, November 06, 2007

fish out of water

Michael Phelps the stud of the 2004 Athens Olympics was placed on the DL two weeks ago after he tripped getting into a car and broke his wrist. And this six time gold medalist swears he was totally sober when he did it.

"I'm a fish out of water. I'm a clumsy person. I fell and went to catch
myself and I just tweaked it the wrong way." (source)
Phelps was in Ann Arbor where he training for the 2008 Bejing Olympics when the accident occured. While he'll be out of the water for a couple of weeks, he still has his eyes set on breaking Mark Spitz's record of seven gold medals in the 1972 Olympics.

Having Sydney and what I went through in Athens happen, I'm pretty much ready
for just about anything that comes."
Except maybe getting into a car one foot at a time.
(Photo: MSNBC)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: