Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I Learned at Citizens Bank Park: Photo Day 2008



Phillies 10, Braves 9

1. Get there when the gates open. Citizens Bank Park opened the gate early for phans, so make sure to get there right as the gates open. Plus there were a couple of entries onto the field but don’t be afraid to fan out so that you could get the best spot.

2. I am really short. I know I’m not tall, but after taking a picture with Pat Burrell, I realized I am very, very short. Oh and Carlos Ruiz suffers from a similar plight.

3. Crab fries are the most delicious things ever. I’m big on ballpark food, but crab fries top the chart and totally worth the wait on the Chickie’s & Pete’s line. Plus it moves quickly, so the next time you head over to CBP make sure you get yourself some. And if you’re into the cheese dipping sauce is the perfect topper.

4. Miracles do happen. I knew that Mike Hampton was scheduled to pitch but it didn’t mean he was going to actually pitch. I mean there was a long walk from the bullpen to the dugout and a whole bunch of steps to get to the field and a mixture of grass and dirt, anything could happen. But Mikey actually took the mound and pitched four whole innings. I had to pinch myself multiple times throughout the game to make sure I wasn’t dreaming it.

5. Just because you score 9 runs in one inning doesn’t mean anything. Thank you Atlanta for letting me in on that little secret. I was sure that once they bumped Cole Hamels in the fourth it would be smooth sailing. But that seven run inning by the Phillies that followed sealed the deal for Philadelphia.


Pat Burrell


Chad Durbin


Jamie Moyer


Chase Utley


Ryan Howard


Chris Coste

For more photos click here.

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: