Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Marbury and Isiah: Now it's personal

More news surfacing from Stephon Marbury’s no show at the New York Knicks game against the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday. According to the New York Daily News, Marbury went on a tirade on the Knicks luxury plane after finding out he was being replaced by second year guard Mardy Collins. Marbury told teammates,

"Isiah has to start me. I've got so much (stuff) on Isiah and he knows it. He thinks he can (get) me. But I'll (get) him first. You have no idea what I know."
Of course the Knicks aren’t strangers to court cases like the one that cost them $11.6 million this year. I personally can’t wait to hear all of the things Marbury has on Thomas for pure entertainment value because it’s not like Jim Dolan is going to fire Thomas over it. Name me another company that will keep an employee after being found guilty of sexual harassment and cost the company millions of dollars while walking away without any financial responsibility. And no, the Catholic Church does not count.

Currently, Starbury is MIA. An undercover operation by the Daily News was unable to locate him. But the rest of his team was located in Phoenix losing 113-102 to the Suns. Marbury's replacement Mardy Collins left with a mild sprain after only six minutes.

Maybe next time, Stephon could threaten the team with good defensive play and leadership skills instead of blackmail. But then what would I write about?
(source)

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: