Friday, October 31, 2008

Things I learned at the Ranger Game



1. Someone bought a Ryan Hollweg Jersey. That’s right; I saw some of the most amazing jerseys at the game including that gem.

2. Also apparently, it’s not too early to purchase your Wade Redden and Aaron Voros jerseys but still too early for that Nigel Dawes jersey. I’m always one for waiting on buying expensive things until I’m sure it’s a good choice. But apparently three weeks into the season was long enough to start buying up jerseys for some of the Rangers newest acquisitions. Sadly though, I saw no Nigel Dawes jerseys but a slew of Dan Girardi ones. Who knew he was so popular?

3. Potvin Sucks. Which I was reminded of a few times during the game.

4. Even though this is a family environment, it’s a very colorful family environment. I don’t think I’ve ever heard more expletives at a sporting event in my life. But frankly, I was ok with that.

5. Colton Orr has some stamina. Colton Orr quickly got himself into a fight with the Trashers Eric Boulton, getting some good hits in and everytime you thought they were done, Orr would sneak in other blow and the fisticuffs would continue.

6. King Henrik is amazing…but he could use some help every once in a while.

7. Green Man makes appearances outside of Philadelphia. As anyone who reads this blog regularly knows, I love It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. One of the characters on the show, Charlie loves to dress up as Green Man like the time the gang tried out to be on the Eagles or the time Sweet Dee wanted to be an internet star. So I was super stoked to see him on the jumbotron during the game. (Although obviously not the actual Green Man)

8. Larry really can dance.

9. Dan Fritsche may want to work on his moves. Or as the person behind us shouted, "That’s going to cost you that shoot-out spot."

10. How I look on the jumbotron. Yes, for the first time ever, my lovely face (actually my hand) made an appearance on the jumbotron. Too bad the 10 year old in front of me was way too adorable for the camera to pan up a few feet.

For more photos from the game, click here.

No comments: