Friday, November 30, 2007

Milledge traded: oh the humanity

The New York Mets have traded Lastings Milledge to the Washington Nationals to add yet another catcher Brian Schneider and outfielder Ryan Church. The Mets now have the ability to deal recently acquired Johnny Estrada. I'm so confused, why didn't they sign Lo Duca? Even if it was just to give David Wright a buddy in the clubhouse. Watch out Wright friends, your ass is not going to be re-signed.
Back to Milledge, while Lastings may not have become the blue chipper the Mets were hoping for, he did offer the public his music and that is something that neither Brian nor Ryan have done. I'll miss his smooth rhymes and his weird hair. Can Carlos Gomez give me that? No! Oh da pain. I feel da edge of a knife thrust into my heart. It just won't be the same without him.
(Photo: New York Daily News)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: