Friday, March 07, 2008

Can someone please trade for Inge

I'm not begging for this because I drafted him in my fantasy league. No, I'm doing this because I feel like the guy got a raw deal with the Tigers picking up Miguel Cabrera to play third in the off season. And because his manager Jim Leyland is trying so hard to get this guy out of Detroit and onto a team that could really play him everyday. Buried in the bottom of the Tiger's recap of their 5-4 loss to the Braves was this:
"Brandon Inge, who has requested a trade, started at third base and tripled in his first at-bat. He was 1-for-4 with an RBI. Leyland said he would showcase Inge at third when there were scouts in the stands."
Could there be a nicer guy than Jim Leyland? This entire spring training he has been very sensitive to Inge's plight agreeing to not force him to play catcher if he doesn't want to and making it very clear that while the Tigers could only benefit by having a guy of Inge's caliber acting as a utility player, he understands it's in Inges' best interest to play somewhere else full time. So come on, I know there has got to be a team out there that needs a third baseman, Los Angles perhaps, trade for him already! I could really use the boost in fantasy points. Oops!
(source)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: