Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hump Day Hair

Most of the noise out of the Bronx was about Joba Chamberlain's first start in the Majors. But that's not the only big thing happening in the locker room, yes, you guessed it, it seems the Yankees recent troubles has forced a couple of players to grow the increasingly more popular rally mustache. (which is way cooler and more hygienic than the gold thong) Jason Giambi started the trend:



And his offensive break out has seemed to have gotten buddy Johnny Damon on board:


According to this Joba Chamberlain was attempting to grow one of his own, but after watching last night's game, it didn't look like he was continuing that idea. (Click here to judge for yourself) Also it looked like maybe Darrell Rasner (sorry, I saw it for a quick second) was sporting one during last night's game, but I haven't been able to find a picture.
(Photos: Rob Carr/AP and Jim Mone/AP)
UPDATE: Just returned from Yankee Stadium and Darrell Rasner is definitely not sporting a stache. I'm thinking maybe Russ Ohlendorf, but I'm still not sure. It's hard to see from the bleachers!
It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

1 comment:

Michael Seff said...

I love the concept of this blog. I always find athlete arrests and stories alike amusing, to say the least. As for the new Yankee beards, I would say the only thing I find more disgusting than their beards is the team itself! Keep up the good work...

Mike
www.pitchingideas.net