Friday, June 13, 2008

Hockey Celebrates Its Own

The NHL rolled out the red carpet to announce the winners of their biggest awards on Thursday.

(Photo: Al Bello/Getty Images)
Alexander Ovechkin was the big winner of the night, taking home both the Hart Trophy (MVP) and Lester B. Pearson Award (player’s choice for most outstanding player) but he was not doing it stylishly. What is up with the fire engine red tie and vest combo? It’s a bit flashy for my taste. But on the plus side, he is sporting the very popular European cut, which definitely beats the playoff mop.


(Photo: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Meanwhile Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist came up empty handed losing out on the Vezina Trophy to the Devil's Martin Brodeur. I know it had nothing to do with the heinous vest/bow tie combo, but that alone would have forced me to cast my vote another way...you know if I was Joan Rivers. But I’m not and he totally got robbed!


(Photo: Al Bello/Getty Images)
Finally, it was a valiant effort for Evgeni Malkin who lost out on the Hart Trophy but showed up looking quite dapper. Only one problem for the 21 year old, I'm totally being distracted by his horrible hair. Please someone get him to the barber, it's time to cleanse yourself of that hair. Gwyneth Paltrow says it's very cathartic.

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: