Monday, January 21, 2008

The Giants Are Going to the Super Bowl! And it's written all over Coach Coughlin's face.

Happy Martin Luther King Day, all. As I have the day off, I'm keeping the post short, but I did want to congratulate both the New England Patriots and the New York Giants on making into the Super Bowl. For loyal readers, you'll know the G-Men are my hometown team and I can't believe they'll have a second chance to take down the undefeated Pats in Arizona in two weeks.

I have to admit, as I was watching the Giants slowly pick apart the Green Bay Packers (23-20) last night, I couldn't help but notice that Coach Tom Coughlin was sporting a seriously red face. We couldn't decide whether he looked more like he got a chemical peel, a horrible case of wind burn or like he had spent 3 hours in the Jamacian sun without screen on but a pair of large sunglasses. I was a little nervous his face was going to start bleeding during the middle of the game and he was going to have to be carted off and come back with bandages. But just like the Giants, he held on (even through overtime) and was able to celebrate the win in the locker room with the rest of the team and Giants ownership. I just hope his wife lets him use her entire container of Lamar to lather all over his face. Or at least what they give to burn patients. Goodness his face looked terrible.
(Photo:s Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Now we've got two weeks of waiting until the big day. But to get yourself geared up, click here to pick up your NY Giants NFC Championship shirts.
It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: