Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hump Day Hair

So I admit, I don't give enough attention to soccer (or football as they call it everywhere else but in the US). Honestly, even David Beckham isn't enough to get me to tune in and he's almost attractive. (Although the fact that he has a better closet than I or possibly his wife does is a big negative for him) But by forgoing regular coverage of the sport, I'm doing a disservice to my readers and maybe myself. So behold, the amazing hair you've been missing since I started that whole soccer boycott circa 1990. (I only played for half a season, then I was kind of over it.)


Porthsmouth's David James
Just look at those locks. So bouncy, so pretty. I didn't know what I was missing until I started going through photo galleries.
(Photo: IAN KINGTON/AFP/Getty Images)


Austria's Andreas Ivanschitz
Nothing says manly soccer player like a freshly dyed head of hair. Although, he is showing some roots, so maybe it's like a two week old dye job.
(Photo: Samuel Kubani/AFP/Getty Images)


Liverpool's Fernando Torres
I'm sorry, are you wearing a head band? Because that's not hiding the fact that you are in serious need of a touch up.
(Photo: AFP/File/Andrew Yates)


Portsmouth's Milan Baros and Pedro Mendes
It's official headbands are the must wear accessory in soccer. Too bad they never stay in my hair. I guess I'll just have to stick with rocking those umbros to stay cool.
(Photo: IAN KINGTON/AFP/Getty Images)


Vitoria Guimarae's player Alan Silva
I'm so excited to know that Chris Kirkpatrick has influenced other's with his crazy hair circa "Tearin' Up My Heart"/"I Want You Back" days. Now who will don the over dyed blonde hair with the matted curls like Justin Timberlake was sporting back in the day?
(Photo: MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP/Getty Images)


Sporting's Miguel Veloso
It's official, I have found my hair God and his name is Miguel.
(Photo: Steven Governo/AP)

FC Barcelona's Thierry Henry
So good to see that the bald look works in soccer as well. Ok, it's official, I need to watch more soccer!
(Photo: AP Photo/Manu Fernandez)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: