Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Mets have been rick-rolled

The Mets had offered fans a chance to chose their new eighth inning sing-a-long tune but when the fans write in, the classic Rick Astley tune "Never Gonna Give You Up" won the competition, Mets brass decided to have a run-off to decide which non-Astley classic will become the new sing-a-long song. For the first six games of the year at Shea the Mets will play "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees, "Movin' Out" by Billy Joel, "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond and "Build Me Up Buttercup" by the Foundations once during each game. The song with the loudest crowd response will become the new "it" song.

Frankly, Mets fans should just be upset that they had such crappy songs chose from. And I stand by the fact that Rick Astley's song is a way better selection than "Build Me Up Buttercup." I'm sorry when did it become 1964? And better yet, There's Something About Mary came out like 10 years ago, move on. Plus whenever I hear "Sweet Caroline" I think of that Jimmy Fallon movie Fever Pitch and there's no need to be reminded of that film. If I were the Mets I ride that Rick Roll all the way to the end of September, because at least it would be different than every other stadium in baseball.
(source)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: