Thursday, April 17, 2008

I swear that there are more than two teams that play baseball


Watching the Red Sox/Yankees game on Wednesday made me wonder wasn’t there any other games on? I understand the desire to show every single Sox/Yankees game but honestly the ones in April don’t really matter so the fact that we’re two and half weeks into the season and the this series has already graced ESPN and Fox three times in the last five days (not to mention that the two teams separately have combined had nine nationally televised games already) is little unnerving.


Granted, I do live in New York, so I get all of these games no matter what, but I’d prefer to have someone else on national TV. Even the Rangers/Blue Jays game proved to be more exciting, with a wild pitch in the 14th inning deciding the game versus the genuine slugfest that was produced in the Bronx.


Plus by the mere fact that fans know that every time these teams play each other on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday that it will be televised dilutes the pure excitement of the rivalry. So do us all a favor and start playing other games every once in a while just so I know that there are other teams in the league that actually matter, because I know both the Yankees and Red Sox cannot play in the same World Series.
(Photos: Chris McGrath/Getty Images and Julie Jacobson/AP)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: