Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jeremy Shockey’s Traded: Day Two



So I haven’t been taking the news very well. I mean whatever stage anger is on the grieving scale, that’s about where I am. And I hate the fact that keep calling him disgruntled. You know who is disgruntled…ME!! And apparently other players on the team who are none too thrilled with the prospect of going into the season without their four time pro bowl player. Sorry Kevin Boss, but it’s going to be hard to live up to Shockey’s play on the field and his enjoyable quotes off the field! Plus you’re going to have to get some homage to America on your bicep.

And by the way, is it just me or do teams in New York have trouble getting rid of people? First the whole Willie Randolph firing debacle with the Mets, I know let’s fly this guy out to LA so we can fire him there. Wouldn’t want to ruin father’s day! And now this. If they wanted to trade him in April, they should have traded him in April and not have waited until three days before training camp to send him packing. What’s next the Knicks hand Stephon Marbury his walking papers as he drives up to the training facility in his pickup truck? (Fine, I would kind of enjoy that image.)

I guess the only thing I can take solace in is the fact that Shockey’s excited to be reunited with his old coach Sean Payton in New Orleans and he’ll probably get drinks for free in those oversized weird looking plastic things, wear some Mardi Gras beads and enjoy the company of even easier ladies than the drunk girls in Hoboken. But still, where will the Giant’s excitement come from? David Tyree probably only has that one incredible ball to helmet catch in his tank. Can’t the Giants call an audible and say they were just kidding? Call it the Brett Farve defense or something? I guess whatever stage bargaining is, I’m now there.
(Photo: Richard A. Brightly/Icon SMI)
I have an early morning meeting but will be back with the daily crawl a little later so check back.

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: