Monday, July 21, 2008

NOOOO!!!!


The Giants have traded beloved tight end Jeremy Shockey (and fine, I maybe the only person who actually still enjoys him) to the New Orleans Saints for a second and fifth round draft pick in 2009. It was no secret that Shockey hasn’t been getting along with management as of late and that the team was able to do just fine without him last season when he went out with a broken leg, but by trading Shockey and losing Michael Strahan to retirement, hasn’t all the fun left East Rutherford? And why are the Giants counting on some rookie who fine did pretty well during the Super Bowl run, but could just as easily return to his normal ho-hum self once the season starts?

I’ll miss Jeremy’s outbursts, his ability to stop mid play and argue with the refs and his amazing tattoos. Sadly, I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch the Giants the same way this upcoming season, but I’ll give it until October to make my final decision of the new look and most likely incredibly bland Giants ‘08. Goodness Eli, I’m going to need something, not on the A-Rod level but a step up from trips to Disneyworld with your wife.
(Photo: newsday.com; source)

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: