Wednesday, August 29, 2007

what's a girl to wear?

Like going out to for dinner or to a bar, going to a sporting event has the pressure of finding the perfect outfit. But sometimes it feels like the sports fashion gods are just being plain mean. Here are a few fumbles.

(If you like any item listed below I put a link to where you can purchase them online.)


T-Shirts

Ill fitting Girl Top
I don't get why they can't just shrink men's shirts. It's like they think that if it's made for a woman it should be pink and sparkly. But what always bothers me is the sizing. Woman only get wider they never taller. Yeah, that's not true!
Vacation tee
This shirt says, "I went to a Diamondbacks game and all I got was this crappy vacation tee."



"Fashion Tee"
Why is this shirt black on the front and blue on the back? Anyone...
Jerseys


To be fair, you can get a jersey made for women in the proper colors, but that wouldn't be as much fun. You should totally go for pink rhinestones or other fashion colors. One question, didn't Eli veto going to San Diego?

Tank Tops


Goupie Love
Now groupies can stand out in the lobby of hotels. Before you could only tell it was them by their incredibly short skirts, low cut tops and hair jacked to jesus.
So if you're a fan of Reed Sorenson, and it's a hot day, which happens a lot in the summer in Daytona and you want to show you're support you could either wear this top, which looks like it came from the jockey sized gym tank top store or...
this...the kind of tank top I either wear to bed or under a sweater and that's only because I bought it in 1997 and I'm trying to get my money's worth, all $7.50 of it.
Bottoms
I can just see it now, some looks at this and thinks, "Wow, this would look great with that Redskins tank!"

Hats
Don't get me wrong, I do actually like the pink hats. But something seems so wrong about this one.
It's pink AND sparkly. Elle Woods would be so proud.
I don't understand the point of visors. As someone whose scalp often gets burnt (where I part my hair), I don't get why people buy a "hat" that only covers part of your head. Doesn't that defeat the purpose. I especially love it when people put their hair over the sides of the visor, like the overly bleeched blonde that sits in the bleechers at Yankee Stadium where I sometimes frequent. That's a person who needs to go on What Not To Wear and like yesterday.
Other

If I'm going to spend like a hundred bucks on jewelry it better not be yellow gold and it better not have the logo of my favorite sports team on it.
Hey, remember when license plate bags were cool? It was about the time that I bought that cami tank top. So maybe it's time to move on. I mean we did finally put those zooba pants to rest.
Perfect for the beach...or the race!
Don't be deterred. While looking for those great items, I did actually find a bunch of stuff that I ordered. Doing this blogs can be expensive!
I admit, I buy a lot of my team shirts in the kids department, especially the large collection of players name & number tees mostly because it's just like the guys but smaller. I think Nike finally got the hint by putting out a line of well fitting tees for women. They also have a great long sleeve version here.
For those of you who are still searching for a fun and fashionable option I found this shirt. I like that it doesn't have too much shine and that it's fitted well, not boxy like so many shirts you may find.
This tank actually looks like something I picked up at J.Crew this summer instead of the summer of my freshman year of high school. (Less the tailgating part.) Although admit it, you'd probably be wearing this under five layers of fleece and wool for most of the season, but it's great for preseason tailgating in the parking lot. (Although you can't really do that at Giants Stadium anymore!)
I lot of fleece jackets for men and women look like they were made for my grandparents, ill fitting, oversized and unattractive. After all, it can get cold sitting for five hours during a race especially in the early and late parts of the season, but that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice looking good.

Great Hat For a Great Cause
Like I said before, I don't mind pink hats and I especially don't mind them if they are for a great cause like this breast cancer awareness hat. You can show your love for the home team while supporting a great charity.
Just so everyone knows, I do like sparkles every once in a while, like this top:
This shirt is a part of Alyssa Milano's Touch Line. I love the fact that she created a line of clothes geared toward women because she, like I just showed, discovered it was hard to find clothes that featured her favorite team, the Dodgers. She'll be expanding from MLB to include other sports. Hopefully, you'll be able to stay we'll dressed at the game. Happy shopping!
It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: