Friday, August 31, 2007

Kenny Suprise

I just got back from the Kenny Chesney concert at MSG and there was a little suprise...



Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon (We thought the third one was maybe Andy Phillips, but I'm not sure.)

This isn't the first time I've seen Kenny, it's actually the third. Everytime I've seen him perform "Back Where I Come From" he's done it with a special guest. Ranking them is somewhat hard but...


(Eli and Kenny at MSG in 2006)

Vocally - Eli Manning was the best. (Way better than Peyton in the Kenny Chesney CMT Special. At least Eli has the heads up on Peyton in one thing.)

Style - that goes to Dale Earnhardt, Jr., he was a lot more fun. I saw them perform this song at the Dale Earnhardt Tribute Concert in 2003. Junior just seemed genuinely excited to see everyone come out to in support of his late father at the track where he lost his life. But his vocals were terrible. At one point, Kenny moved the microphone away from Juniors vicinity. It was great. June only did the first part but Eli sang the whole way through. That's why I have to give the edge to Eli.

You couldn't really hear the Yankees sing, although at one point you could see them all around the microphone, but it was too hard to tell.

Click here for another Yankee Clip and here for Sugarland singing "Irreplaceable."

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: