Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Movember skates into December for 49ers



It's not even Wednesday and I've already found a great hair story. The 49ers have decided to grow mustaches to accompany their throwback jerseys for their final game of the season. The new facial hair is supposed to honor some of the greats that wore the Niner jersey. The San Francisco Chronicle (via ESPN) is all over this story. And I'll try to update with photos if I find any good ones.

At least it's giving them one more reason to get up and play this weekend.
(Photo: Getty Images)
UPDATE: I totally didn't realize the Ottawa Senators were still rocking the look. This if from their game against the Devils on Friday:

And while I am sure he is not the first, I will continue to blame Jason Giambi for the resurgence of the mustache in sports.
(Photo: Reuters; source)

No comments: