Wednesday, December 03, 2008

He got suspended for this?



While I’ve made no secret of my enjoyment of Sean Avery over the life of this here blog, even if I hated the kid, I would have to admit that this little comment by no means merits a suspension. Sloppy seconds. With his manwhore status rivaling that of Matt Leinart and Brody Jenner, it would be hard to find someone Avery has not hooked up with. Not to mention I think teenage girls write much worse things on facebook about their peers than this.

And can I just say that if that was an “obscene sexual reference” as the guy from TSN described it, then apparently I forgot the part when I got into my DeLorean and traveled back to 1950 with Michael J. Fox. It wasn’t the classiest thing he could have said but I wouldn’t exactly call it obscene. I mean that is blowing it a bit out of proportion

But as it stands, Avery has been suspended indefinitely, pending a hearing by the League.

Oh and on a completely different note, I’m enjoying the beard. It’s a perfect compliment to his new life as a spectator or lumberjack if the NHL thing doesn’t pan out.
(source)

No comments: