Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Li’L Wayne supports D-Wade’s Band Aid Craze

I will be the first to admit that since Penny Hardaway left the Orlando Magic like 10 years ago, I haven’t been as into the NBA as I once was. I’ll still watch Nets games at the gym, but I don’t follow it like I follow other sports. So a week or two ago, as I was going through the photo gallery for the All-Star game, I noticed Dwyane Wade’s nod to the band-aid and wondered what was up? Is this like the time Nelly started to wear a band-aid under his eye when his brother was jailed? Or a new team building exercise like the Ray’s Mohawks?


Well as it turns out, it was neither, but rather a fashionable way to hide some stitches he received after a facial run-in with Dwight Howard’s elbow.



But like all good trends, what starts out as function quickly turns into fashion as seen by rapper Li’l Wayne’s nod to Dwyane’s new look.
(Photos: Reuters; AP)

No comments: