Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pettitte's 200th

(Roll Call from last night. Sorry, I'm trying to get better at video taping things.)

So yesterday I headed up to the boogey down Bronx to catch my second to last baseball game of the season, the New York Yankees v. the Baltimore Orioles. (I can't believe there's a week and half left of the season!) With the Yankees in the middle of a major pennant race, the feel inside Yankee Stadium was electric. Or maybe that was because I was on the good side of the bleechers. You know the season ticket holders side. Knowing that time was running out the crowd seemed to have one eye on the game and one eye on the out of town scoreboard. Once the 1 changed to 2 and the crowd knew the Red Sox were losing a loud Red Sox suck chant broke out. And as word spread that the bases were loaded with Papelbon on the mound, reserved excitement covered everyone's face. But once we knew that Papelbon had given up a grand slam reserved left the building and we instantly started cheering. I think the noise was louder for the Red Sox game's final posting 6-1, than for Mariano's final strike out of the night. While it was great to be at a game that had such importance, the Yanks are only a game and half back of the Sox in the NL East, I still would have rathered gone to a Braves game. What can I say, I'm crazy.

Congrats to Pettitte on career win 200!

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: