Thursday, October 29, 2009

This Bud is Not for You



I maybe going out on a limb here, but I think the worst offense anybody could make who drives cars at high speeds around a track for a living would probably be getting arrested for DUI. Unfortunately for Richard Petty Motorsports’ A.J. Allmendinger that is just what happened when the former open wheel star was pulled over by the popo early Thursday Morning.

In a statemnt, Allmendinger admitted to having a bit too much to drink while out to dinner with friends and then reiterated his complete stupidity:

“I made an error in judgment last night for which I take full responsibility…I honestly felt fine but I obviously should have erred more on the side of caution particularly given what I do for a living.”

He blew a .08 on a breathalyzer test.

It was announced on Wednesday, that RPM would be moving the sponsor Best Buy from Elliott Sadler’s ride to Allmendinger, who will be taking over the famed #43 in 2010. But with his recent arrest, the team may want to reconsider things. He still, however, is scheduled to race at Talladega this weekend.

Watch out A.J., because the popo are on your tail!
(Photo: Getty Images; Source)

No comments: