Friday, October 24, 2008

Kyle Kendrick hearts BSB


(Photos: Reuters; Getty Images)

After watching the first two games of the World Series I thought to myself, "Are the Backstreet Boys and Los Lonely Boys the best the Rays could produce?" I felt like I was back in senior year of high school, less the physics tests, cafeteria pizza, Abercrombie clothes and the other member of the Backstreet Boys, because last time I checked (say 2002) there were five members.

While I may be a bit perplexed by the Rays musical choices, there is one person who was pretty stoked to see BSB sing before game 1…Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick. He wrote about it in his diary for the phillyburbs.com:
I texted some of my buddies, guys I grew up with back in Seattle.

“You won't believe this, the Backstreet Boys were here,” I told 'em.

I was standing on the third-base line at Tropicana Field with my teammates when they sang the national anthem. It was pretty exciting for me.
Dude, we’re both the same age, I’m a girl and even I’ve moved on from my Backstreet Boys love. Now if this was 'N Sync, then it could be a completely different story.
(source via Ben Maller)

No comments: