Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I do not condone this



Let it be known I am not ok with the following news: Brett Favre has signed with the Minnesota Vikings. It’s not that I care that he’s playing for the Vikings; I am not a Packers fan. It’s just that I want the family circus to stay put in Mississippi, far away from the NFL. I mean what’s so wrong with retirement? For me, I can’t wait to be retired. I wouldn’t have to get up early. I wouldn’t have to wear work clothes and could instead just rock jeans and my Chuck Taylors with a casual top everyday. I wouldn’t have to fight off people in line at Starbucks. I could go to the gym when it’s not crowded. Same with the supermarket, J.Crew, the doctor’s office, the Riverside Square Mall. I could decide on Wednesday to take a vacation and by Thursday I could be on a plane to St. Bart's. The possibilities are endless. So why Brett, why must you come back to the league? Why can’t you just stay retired? What is so bad with watching games from your La-Z-Boy recliner in the comfort of your own home?

This concludes my Brett Favre rant. You can go back to doing whatever it was you were doing. And I’ll go back to ignoring him on the blog.
(Photo: Getty Images)

No comments: