Monday, July 27, 2009

Phillies Photo Day 2009: The Christmas in July Edition

Phillies 14, Cardinals 6

Saturday marked my fourth consecutive Phillies Photo Day. This year was a bit different considering it was coupled with Christmas in July which added a refreshing mix to the 87 degree day in Philly.


Chase Utley
Utley showed off new shorter locks which pretty much threw off everyone in the crowd. I have to say though, I’m digging the grey. Even more so than on Andy Pettitte.


Raul Ibanez
In addition to playing left field like an MVP for the Phillies this season, Ibanez is running for district six comptroller.


Cole Hamels
Hamels was finally allowed to mingle with the regular folk. (Usually Hamels is the starting pitcher and therefore unable to partake in the phestivities.)


J.A. Happ
Depending on how the Halladay talks go, this could be your last look at Happ as a Phillie.


Greg Dobbs
Besides my multiple shots of Charlie Manuel, this is probably the best photo I took all day.


Jimmy Rollins
Who knew Jimmy could trade in his career as a baseball player to become a world class photographer. (Here taking a picture of my brother and sister-in-law.) Of course after hitting a grand slam in the sixth, I guess he could also stick with his day job.


Ryan Howard
Howard actually shook my hand, which I think may have been a good three times larger than mine. Also note, only people who are XL or larger are allowed to purchase Ryan Howard shirts at either of the team stores. Or at least it seemed that way.


Shane Victorino
As I mentioned before, it was Christmas in July. And thank goodness, because otherwise we’d never get to see what Victorino looks like as Santa Claus.


Matt Stairs
Remember kids, in case of emergency, use the Stairs.

If you missed it, I have posts from 2008, 2007 and 2006.
(Photos: PIMC)

No comments: