Friday, August 08, 2008

What's a Girl to Wear: Olympics Edition

With the Opening Ceremonies airing tonight (at 7:30 PM/est on NBC), I figured it was the perfect time to bring out another edition of What to Wear! This time I'm featuring USA Olympic gear and if you give it two weeks, it will probably all be onsale!
(As always you can click on the link for purchasing information)



Lebron James Olympic Name Tee
This shirt comes in men sizes only (I know what a way to start) but I liked this take on the basic name tees that have been populating an arena, stadium and ballpark near you over the last couple of years.




Just Do It Olympic Tee
Now this t-shirt is just for the ladies. I loved the light hints of America, as seen in the red and blue striping and the tiny Olympic logo in the upper right hand side. It's perfect for those American fans who don't want to go all out with their national pride.


Ralph Lauren Olympic Polo
If you've caught up on your Project Runway viewing, you'll know that (*SPOILER*) this week's challenge involved creating an outfit for a female Olympian to wear to the opening ceremonies. During that challenge, viewers discovered that Ralph Lauren faced a similiar challenge designing for this year's team. Because of his involvement, we get a great polo like this one. It's subtle but still classic perfect for wearing even after the Olympics are over.


Village Track Jacket
I happen to be a big fan of track jackets. They're light and easy, perfect to wear to a baseball game in the early spring or in September. This one caught my eye because of its wonderful blue color and the vibrant red USA on the back.



Speedo USA Capris
I understand some people reading this will have a big problem with the USA smacked on the behind of these capris, but it actually doesn't bother me, in fact it's part of why I chose these pants. In general I love capris for working out. They provide a great alternative to sweats especially when I go to yoga and the air conditioning is turned off and I feel like I'm going to pass out. But what I really loved about this pair of capris was the light hint of red in the string and the white piping.



Speedo Replica Swim Suit
Color is incredible important in chosing a swim suit and for most woman, black could not be a better way to go. I also love the flag on the left side of the suit, once again providing a subtle hint of USA without being over the top.



USA Sloffies
I know there are some people out there that are all about being over the top with their love and support of the USA national team. And for those people I bring you this kick ass shoe. Not only do they sport the good ol' USA lettering in red, white and blue, but it also as the bald eagle. I bet I know someone (Jeremy Shockey) that should be sporting these bad boys.

Beijing Campus Cap
I couldn't do an entire entry about US Olympic gear without finding the perfect hat. I chose this one, which also comes in blue, because of its simplicity. It's the perfect item to finish off this edition's post.

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: