Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it just me, or don’t those girls look a little under 16?

Despite the fact that I hadn’t been blogging for the past two days, I haven’t stopped my sports monitoring. In fact I’ve been in complete Olympics overload. My main obsessions being swimming, beach volleyball, synchronized diving and of course gymnastics. While watching the women’s competition, I couldn’t help but wonder; don’t those girls from China look a little young? According to those in the know, their passports check out, but aren’t they also issued by the government which pretty much borrows them from their parents at age 3 and trains them to become the most dominant in the world? Judge for yourself:



In any event, China did take home the gold medal last night, (or was it yesterday morning, that whole 12 hour time difference is driving me crazy) so congratulations to China!
(Photo: AP)

UPDATE: A new reports says I may have not been too far off. Click here for the details.

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: