Monday, August 25, 2008

Well Now I Feel Old


Joe Gibbs Racing has officially announced Joey Logano will be taking over the #20 Home Depot Toyota in the Cup Series, which will be vacated by Tony Stewart at the end of the 2008 season. In addition to the car, sponsor and owner points, Logano will also be inheriting crew chief Greg Zipadelli, who will not be following Tony to Stewart Haas next season and hopefully his sports psychologist if Denny Hamlin or Kyle Busch don’t need him.

Logano, 18, won in his third Nationwide Series start this season and plans to make his Cup debut at Richmond International Speedway on September 6th.

This kid was born in 1990! 1990!! In 1990, I was a sprite youngster in Mrs. Padilla’s second grade and this kid was just being born. Oh, do I feel old right now. Get me something with alcohol and keep the ice cubes out of it, no need to water it down in my time of need and maybe a copy of An American Tale or The Little Mermaid so I can relive the early 90s and try to remember what it was like to be young again.
(Photo: Getty Images for Nascar; Source)

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: