Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am all for paisley…

but this is ridiculous. When did the man scarf hit the NBA? I feel like that is one fashion trend that should have skipped this demo. I am all for taking a fashion risk. This is the same girl who thought that because the top and bottom were plaid (any type of plaid) they matched and proudly rocked that look throughout sixth grade. The same girl who brought the stockings under shorts look to Orchard School in the 2nd grade. That is why I applaud the cream suit. Why I enjoy the whimsy of the glasses. Even why I can get behind the pocket square. But the scarf is just killing me.

Take a look at Kobe Bryant’s outfit (the photo was taken from the same day as LeBron’s):


It’s the perfect mix of fashion with the tight pin striping and function with the crisp white dress shirt. And it’s still able to the look very masculine with the avaitors. There are few things that Kobe does off the court that I would say others should emulate, but this clothing choice would be one of them.
(Photos: Andrew D. Berstein/NBAE/Getty Images)

No comments: