Thursday, February 22, 2007

Rhythm of my Heart

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, it was just a little crazy. I guess I’ll start from the beginning…I fell on a patch of ice on the sidewalk and cut my fingers, which I didn’t notice until I was well on my way to work…but that took a while because a train derailed right after my stop causing me to be about an hour late for work. Oops!

After work, my mom and I went to see Rod Stewart. I know totally dorky, but I’ll admit, I enjoy his music. We saw him at MSG, the same place I saw Justin Timberlake just two short weeks ago. Rod was a lot of fun. He danced around, made odd poses, and just seemed to be having a great time up there.

Just like, when I went to High School Musical the Concert and I could have sworn I was the oldest person not accompanying a child, I was probably one the youngest people there. Honestly, that didn’t matter. Everyone was singing along, and dancing up a storm. It was like the 50s set, JT. He sang all of his hits like “Forever Young” (which is apparently my mom’s new theme song), “Rhythm of my Heart,” and as an encore “Maggie Mae.” He also performed a couple songs from his new CD Still the Same. Those who were looking to hear some standards went home disappointed because he didn’t sing a single song off of the four volumes of the American Songbook, which was ok with me! (Pictures to come)

Braves Update:
Random Quote: “We'll try everything we can to keep him. He's a great talent, but he's got one of the toughest agents to deal with. (Boras) is not afraid to move his players from their home teams." – Bobby Cox on Andruw Jones (foxsports.com)

NASCAR Update:
Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip and Greg Biffle are among the many supporters trying to lobby lawmakers to bring a NASCAR track to Washington State. (cbssportsline.com)

Around Sports:
Baseball
Manny Ramirez, who was granted permission from the Boston Red Sox to show up to camp late for family reasons, reportedly was actually going to be late because he was supposed to be at a car show in Atlantic City. Well, his family can only be seen in the hottest new cars. (AP)

Basketball
Dwayne Wade was injured during the Miami Heats’ loss to the Houston Rockets, 112-102 on Wednesday. It also marked the return of head coach, Pat Riley.

Tennis
Women will earn just as much money as their male counterparts for the first time at Wimbledon.

Around the World:
Whole Foods Market, Inc. is buying Wild Oats Market, Inc. for $565 million. (Reuters)

In raising the bar news…an unidentified individual has commissioned Airbus to make a $300 million tricked out A-380 plane. This jumbo jet can hold up to 800 passengers but in this configuration it will treat 82 people to the most luxurious flight ever. (abcnews.com)

A woman set the Karaoke record, singing for 59 straight hours. Now that’s a record I can beat! (abcnews.com)

Popo in my crib News:
A lawmaker in Arkansas wants repeat drunk driving offenders to have a pink license plate with letters that begin with DWI, so they can be easily spotted. How about just taking away their license altogether? Watch out drunkards, because the popo are on your tail! (nypost.com)

Celebrity Tid Bits:

Congratulations to Brad and Kimberly Williams-Paisley on the birth of their son on Thursday. A name has not been released. (people.com)

Congratulations to Marcia Cross and her husband Tom Mahoney on the birth of their twins Eden and Savannah on Wednesday. (people.com)

TV ALERT: Michael and Jan confess their relationship on tonight’s all new episode of “The Office” at 8:30 PM/est on NBC

TV ALERT: Say goodbye to the orange county on the series finale of “The OC” at 9 PM/est on FOX.

A “Grey’s Anatomy” spin off featuring Kate Walsh aka Addison Montgomery-Sheppard is in the works according to the Wall Street Journal. It has also been reported that Taye Diggs has signed on to the new series. (people.com)

iTunes ALERT: Missed an episode of "Friday Night Lights?" Don't worry, "FNL" is now available on iTunes for $1.99 an episode or season pass it for under $35!

According to page six, Usher and his girlfriend Tameka Foster have gotten engaged. Congratulations!

COUPLE ALERT: Nick Cannon and Selita Ebanks. Wasn’t he dating Kim whatsherface?

Happy birthday shout outs to Jeri Ryan (38), Thomas Jane (38) and Drew Barrymore (32).

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: