Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's Just Justin

Yesterday I unfortunately missed “Friday Night Lights.” (Although, I did just watch it on nbc.com and I am so in love with Matt and Julie. When are they getting back together?) But I had a really good excuse; I went to see Justin Timberlake at Madison Square Garden. I brought along some of my close personal friends like Donald Trump, P.Diddy, Gwenyth Paltrow, Hilary Duff and Michelle Williams.



Justin began the show talking about how he hadn’t been to MSG in seven years and I turned to my friend and said, “Yeah, I was totally here the last time ‘N Sync played MSG.” Ah, such is my love for JT. I was always a J.C. kind of girl, but J.C. wasn’t playing and his creepy song “Some Girls Dance with Women,” has forced me to move on.



Pink opened. I’ll be honest, I don’t really remember it, although she did play some song directed to President Bush. All I could think was most people in this audience couldn’t name our Vice President (It is Dick Cheney if you don’t know). She was unimpressive and now I’m moving on to the good stuff…Justin!


Justin preformed for about 2 and a half hours. Who does that? Justin! He started off with “Future Sex/Love Sounds” and moved quickly onto some of his recent hits. He took a break while Timbaland did a 20 minute set. At first I was a little nervous, Tim's a producer, but his section was a blast, he had us singing along to the Fray and Nelly Furtado as well as remembering it’s been almost six years since Aaliyah died. (Can you believe it?) Then Justin hit the stage closing with “Sexyback.” I’m almost positive Justin played every song off his new album, Future Sex/Love Sounds and the three hits from Justified, "Senorita," "Like I love You" and "Cry Me a River." He also threw in a little ‘N Sync, doing the first part of “Gone.” Justin left the stage only to return to do his hilarious SNL song “D*ck in a Box.” Andy Sanberg joined. (A great picture is on people.com) I haven’t been this entertained at a concert since, High School Musical, The Concert! Just kidding. It totally took me back to my boy band days, and I think I like it!


NASCAR Update:
Kyle Petty will skip five races this season to be a TV analyst for TNT. Petty will even spend one race commentating from behind the wheel. Judging from Petty’s past performance he will probably be joining the guys in the booth by about lap 50. (foxsports.com)

Random Quote: "The main factor is the ownership part. It has nothing to do with money and nothing else, really. I really like my team. ... Everything is on the upswing. But my father has been gone for five, six years now, and I want majority ownership." -Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (foxsports.com)

Around Sports:
Baseball
New York Mets third baseman David Wright had dinner with George Bush. I can only imagine the depth of their conversation. (nypost.com)

The Cincinnati Reds and Bronson Arroyo agreed on a two year, $25 million contract extension that will keep the blonde haired beauty in Cincinnati through 2010. (AP)

College Basketball
Duke lost their third straight game on Wednesday, 79-73. Making it even worse it was to North Carolina…at home!

Football
The Dallas Cowboys will announce the hiring of San Diego Chargers Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips as the Cowboys new head coach taking over for a retired Bill Parcells.

Scott Weise, a direhard Chicago Bears fan has a new name…Peyton Manning. This after Weise, I mean Manning, lost a bet when his Bears lost in the Super Bowl. (AP)

Around the World:
With only six soccer stadiums deemed safe for public viewing, Italian officials have ordered soccer matches played in unfit stadiums to ban public viewing. Instead the games will have to be televised to the public. This comes after a game in Sicily resulted in a riot killing one police officer last week. The six fit stadiums are in Genoa, Siena, Cagliari, Turin, and Palermo. Noticeably absent from the list are stadiums in Florence, Rome, Naples and Bologna. (AP)

A New York City taxi driver returned a suitcase filled with 31 diamond rings. Osman Chaowdhury relucantley accepted a $100 reward to cover the fares he lost while trying to track down the owner of the suitcase. $100, how cheap can you get? (AP)

Popo in my Crib:
William N. Barrett, III is being accused of riding a gondola at Stratton Mountain Resort naked. He is also being charged with possession of marijuana. Ah, what a surprise! Watch out William, because the popo are on your tail! (AP)

Separated at Birth:


TV ALERT: It’s Phyllis’ wedding to Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration on tonight’s episode of “The Office” at 8:30 PM/est on NBC

Celebrity Tid Bits:
The Police will announce a 30th anniversary World Tour on Monday, one day after their performance on the Grammy’s. (Reuters)

*"The Office" Spoiler* Craig Berko and Rashida Jones (Karen) have been cast in a new Fox pilot “The Rules of Starting Over.” (givememyremote.com)

Marc Paul Gossler aka Zach Morris will play a public defender in an untitled pilot for CBS. (zap2it.com)

SoapNet has picked up syndication rights to “The OC” and “One Tree Hill.”

On the heels of its wildly successful “High School Musical” Disney announced plans for a feature film Haunted High School Musical. It’s expected to be released in 2008. (Reuters)

Happy Birthday Seth Green (33), Mary McCormick (38), Gary Coleman (39), Vince Neil (45), Nick Nolte (66) and Ted Koppel (67).

It’s been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: