Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 26, 2006

A totally slow day today in more ways than one. The big news this morning was that Lance Bass from ‘N Sync (the one that looked like a steam roller had rolled over his face pre nose job) is gay. This was a totally shocker…if I had heard it at the peak of ‘N Sync circa 2000. But since he’s always out with that dude from the Amazing Race and they spend vacations in Provincetown, RI, I’m not really surprised. I just had one question, was Topanga Lawrence your Katie Holmes, Lance? Be honest! So congratulations to Lance for finally coming out of the closet.

Last night I went to sleep at about 7:30, my goodness I was tired. I didn’t even make it to the first episode of Gilmore Girls at 8, or the gym. Oh well, I think today will be a one Starbucks kind of day, thanks to that 10 hour nap I took last night.

Braves Update:

Braves watching the game from the dugout


It was a hard fought battle between two rookie starters, Chuck James for the Braves and Anibal Sanchez for the Marlins. Unfortunately, for the Braves, Chucky came out on the losing end, in a 2-1 pitchers duel. This is James’ first loss this season. Adam LaRoche was ejected after arguing a called third strike with the home plate umpire, Bill Miller, which after watching the replays was totally inside! I’m glad that Rochie stood up for himself and really showed some fire. I didn’t really know he had it in him. For a second I thought I was looking at a young, skinny Tony Stewart! Andruw Jones pinch hit for Tyler Yates in the 8th inning, marking his first plate appearance since Friday’s game against the Phillies, but he is not expected to start tonight. Although, if Ryan Langerhans continues to play defense like he did last night, he might be spending some more time, well, in left field once Andruw comes back. In other happy Braves news, Chipper Jones says he’s feeling much better and even asked Manager Bobby Cox to play last night. He didn’t, but he might be able to pinch hit as early as tonight. The Braves play against the Marlins tonight at 7:35 on FSN.

Games to .500: 5
Games behind Cincinnati Reds: 5.5
Games behind New York Mets: 11.5

NASCAR update:
Well this isn’t really a NASCAR update, because I knew she wasn’t going to NASCAR, but Danica Patrick has signed with Andretti Green for the 2007 season. I would say that she’s going to be a in a lame duck situation for the rest of the year, but besides Indy and last week at Milwaukee, she hasn’t really been running that well. Hopefully, by moving from Rahal-Letterman to Andretti Green, she’ll be able to live up to the potential seen in her break out rookie season.

In other NASCAR news, there is a swirl of rumors surrounding Busch series driver, David Gilliland. You may remember him as the shocking winner of the Kentucky Race in June. Since then he’s been rumored to be in talks with Roush Racing, Richard Childress Racing, and most recently Robert Yates Racing. If you want my two cents, which I doubt you do, I’d say go with Richard Childress Racing. You would be able to develop your talents in the Busch Series with a stellar team. (Note that Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton have enjoyed tons of success, winning a combined 6 races in the Busch Series this season.) You would also be able to race in a few select Nextel Cup races throughout the year. Don’t be a David Stremme, coming up way too soon. He has been clinging to the 35 spot in points all year. I doubt you’ll find many teams that will stick with you like Chip Ganassi Racing did with Casey Mears. But, I’m sure you eating all those M&M’s doesn’t mean that you’ll be going with Robert Yates Racing? I think a team with two sub-31 year old drives with combined Busch Series starts under a full season, could really take 35th place in points by storm!

Dale Jr. is not panicking about his position outside of the chase. Good, because I am, I’m probably panicking enough for you, Tony Jr., Teresa Earnhardt, and whoever you’re dating right now. So Dale Jr., continue to stay calm!

Get well wishes goes out to Benny Parsons, the 1973 Cup Champion and current NBC race analyst, who revealed today that he is battling lung Cancer!

Random Quote: "If I were commissioner for a day, I would ... try not to screw things up."

-Zach Duke, Pirates Pitcher from si.com four questions

Separated at Birth:















For all of you who have been following my ring drama, you should be happy to know that on Monday I finally got it. This morning I finally remembered to take a picture of it so I could post it on this here blog. It’s not the best picture I know, but it was as good as I could make it. The shine from the ring was just screwing up my pictures!



Get well wishes go out to former President,(1974-76) and former VP under Richard Nixon (1973-74), Gerald Ford. He was admitted to the hospital today. He is expected to be released later today.

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: