Friday, July 21, 2006

July 21, 2006



Friday, July 21, 2006

The beauty of Fridays in the summer is normally that I get to leave early, but thanks to a mild case of heat stroke or dehydration on Sunday, I have to stay until 5PM. So with my extra five hours, I decided to begin my blog, enjoy!

Listen to this:

Julie Roberts “Men and Mascara”

Don’t confuse Ms. Roberts with that other Julia. Julie’s new cd, “Men and Mascara” features her singles “Men and Mascara” and “The Girl Next Door.” (If this song sounds familiar the pop version by Saving Jane is featured in the opening credits of MTV’s “Tiara Girls.”) Julie’s voice is raspy yet soulful and makes every song come alive. My favorites are “Paint and Pillows,” which details a woman’s discovery of her man’s cheating ways in her house, “Too Damn Young,” where she sings of the magic of your first love, and “Mama, Don’t Cry.” Why this girl isn’t a bigger star, I have no idea. This album, like her debut proves that country is not dead as long as Julie Roberts is singing!

Celebrity gossip:

Yes, I always thought Colin Farrell was hot. I thought he was hot before people even knew who he was (what can I say, always the trend setter.) Anyway, he stumbled a bit, let his hair grow out, dyed it blonde, gained like 30 pounds, went to rehab, blah blah blah, but I just saw a picture of him at the premiere for Miami Vice, it's like I fell in love with him all over again! Oh my, that trip to rehab, losing 45 pounds and cutting the hair looks amazing on him. I hope he really didn't marry Lake Bell. Who am I kidding; he's still Colin Farrell, that ain't gonna last, even if they did get married.

In other news: Christina Aguilera wants kids…in five years. Why is that news? If she’s pregnant now, yeah that’s news, unfortunately that would probably be the lead story on CNN, but news nonetheless. The fact that at some point in her life, she’d be ok with having a kid or two is not news. Although Britney Spears said she wanted to be a young mom, and look at that disaster…Speaking of the Federlines, apparently Kevin wants to prove himself. Honey, just keep the mouth shut, I promise no matter what you do, everyone will hate it, so save yourself the embarrassment, and save us from you! I’m sure you’ll be financially stable after your divorce settlement. Chris Judd got $15 million for a year with J.LO, you impregnated Brit Brit, I’m sure you’ll get at least that much!

Braves update:

Yes, I’m from New Jersey, and yeah the Braves play in Atlanta, but I love them all the same! Since I’m a diehard fan, I will put it out there, 15 straight…that’s right, the Mets will find someway to screw it up and allow the Braves to come in and win their 15th straight, but first getting to .500

Games to .500: 5
Games behind The Reds (wild card leader): 4.5
Games behind the Mets: 12

NASCAR update:

Apparently, Elliot Sadler has given notice that he will not be back at Robert Yates Racing next year. Official announcement of his plans for next year have not been announced. cough *Evernham* cough

Standings following New Hampshire:

In the Chase
1. Jimmie Johnson Leader
2. Matt Kenseth -68
3. Jeff Burton -311
4. Kyle Busch -334
5. Mark Martin -338
6. Kasey Kahne -344
7. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. -361
8. Kevin Harvick -381
9. Jeff Gordon -447
10. Greg Biffle -447
Outside looking in: (Behind 10th)
11. Tony Stewart -11
12. Denny Hamlin -18
13. Carl Edwards -146
14. Kurt Busch -206
Well there’s always 2007
15. Casey Mears -251
16. Clint Bowyer -318
17. Jamie McMurray -357
18. Brian Vickers -368
19. Ryan Newman -376
20. Elliot Sadler -379
New Jersey’s Finest
23. Martin Truex, Jr. -459


A birthday shout out to Janet Reno (68). I loved your dance parties; I wish we could start them up again, even though you are no longer in the white house, it was what I looked forward to on Saturday Nights. Now, without you, it’s just not as lively!


It’s been fun blogging with you,

Kate

No comments: