Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 25, 2006

So last night I watched the CMA country music festival (previously known as fan fair). I was most surprised by Carrie Underwood's choice of clothing. Now, the top is just plain ugly. It has some random lace that is supposed to make it look "country." If you want to look country just don't shower, wear a skanky top and a short denim skirt ala Britney Spears in her interview with Matt Lauer.

(You can see a picture of Carries underwood at cmt.com under CMA music festival pictures.)

What kills me the most is that someone must have told her, "No one will notice that the top is navy and the hot pants and 80's boots are black." Yeah, I noticed! Her vocals were amazing. I'm really loving "Young and Beautiful," a song I wasn't thrilled with when I originally got the album.




Kenny Chesney preformed twice. He did "Living in Fast Forward" and "Summertime." Two lucky girls won tickets to see him in New York at GMA and then he flew them back to Nashville on his private plane! Seriously, what about me Kenny, I do not like to fly with those regular people on my airplane.


Sara Evans helped two lucky fans get engaged. She even helped out a brother by upgrading the .4 karat ring he could afford, to a $5000 1 karat ring he thought his soon to be fiancee would love! How sweet. Sara sang "I could not ask for more" (A song also preformed by Edwin McCain.)

Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland gave one lucky fan the ultimate bachelorette party. Sugarland preformed "Down in Mississippi"




Dierks Bentley preformed "Slowdown." This is one of my favorite songs on his newest album but I didn't like it when you preformed it on the ACMs, or when you preformed it at the Kenny Chesney concert two weeks ago, and I didn't like it when you preformed it last night. Stop ruining the song, Dierks!


Braves Update:

Adam LaRoche playing catch with Chipper Jones

Last night Adam LaRoche hit two homeruns in a game that once again saw the Jones boys on the bench. Bob Wickman, acquired last week in a trade with the Cleveland Indians, picked up his first save as a Brave in a 10-8 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies capping off their 9 game road trip. The Braves went 7-2 over a span that saw them play the NL West leading San Diego Padres, the NL Central leading St. Louis Cardinals, and the Phillies. The Braves return home for a three game series against the Florida Marlins that begins tonight. The game is at 7:35 on TS.

Games from .500: 4
Games behind the Cincinnati Reds: 4.5
Games behind the New York Mets: 11.5

NASCAR update:
Tony Stewart apologized for his actions during Sunday's race at Pocono, "I'm taking 100% responsibility for the final incident that occurred on lap 32 between myself, the 07 (Clint Bowyer) and the 99 (Carl Edwards). It was totally my fault." No way! I guess those anger management classes, I mean sports psychology sessions are really helping. Accepting blame is the first step! Seriously, for Tony to continue to be a great driver he has to maintain that aggressive behavior behind the wheel. I'm sorry if that pisses people off, but maybe they shouldn't be so sensitive. I hear there's an opening on the curling team for the next winter Olympics. Even Jeff Gordon shoved Matt Kenseth this year. I think the sport has gotten too bland, and they need a Tony Stewart and even the Busch brothers to maintain some interest, because let's be honest, if not for the Stewart/Bowyer/Edwards action, last weeks race would have been incredibly boring. Hamlin had the race won by lap 3.


Last Wednesday, a bunch of us headed over to the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. Here are a few pictures:


(L) Beth, Jennifer and Rachel (R) Niki and Katie

(L to R) Rachel, Katie, Niki, Me and Jennifer

I have to say that this is probably the best burger I've ever had in NYC. The fact that it only cost $9 for a burger, fries and a shake (although I had the Arnold Palmer) almost negated the 40 minute wait to order the food, almost.

Random quote: "There is no divorce proceeding that is proceeding" - Norman Sheresky, lawyer for Christie Brinkley's estranged husband, Peter Cook

Celebrity tid bits:
Apparently Luke (Scott Paterson) and Lorelei (Lauren Graham) from Gilmore Girls do not get along.

Exhibit A: from eonline.com's TV reporter Kristin Veich "The question, which was asked in front of reporters, was whether it's true that the two of them don't get along, and that that was the reason they were kept apart last season. Lauren's response was, 'I can't kill the dog! What power do you think I have? I don't have any kind of influence on the story like that. I think it is one of those Sam and Diane relationships where, if they're together for too long, the show has to end. So, that's not true.'"

Exhibit B: also from Kristin Veich "KV: Here's what I want to know. What are you personal thoughts as far as Luke and Lorelai? Do you want them to be together?
Scott Paterson: No. I don't. I really don't. I really think that the tension, and I know the fans are getting a little impatient. I've been getting some letters and I get comments in the supermarket and you know, I think you have to careful about that kind of thing. But I think you have to be very, very careful about getting Lorelai -- Luke and Lorelai together. I think it's better if there is a distance. I think it's better if it's an *almost kind of a situation. I love the fact that Christopher is back. I think it's going to create a lot of tension, and that's why people watch this show. And whether they realize it or not, once people get together, no matter how artfully it's done, it's hard to keep that tension going. "

I will be so pissed if Luke and Lorelei do not end up together. Last year with the whole Rory and Lorelei thing killed me. 9 episodes and it wasn't even resolved well. I like Christopher, but I do not like him with Lorelei. That train rolled out of the station when Lorelei got pregnant and they didn't get married.
*Happy Birthday Brad Renfro, I hope the boys in the clank have been treating you well!! (How the mighty have fallen.) *

It's been fun blogging with you,

Kate

No comments: