Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Undefeated

I can't even explain how busy I am. It's a whole new world, actually working at work! haha Anyway, I did want to give shout outs to Edgar Renteria, who really pulled through with his two homers yesterday in the Atlanta Braves opening day win over the Philadelphia Phillies 5-3 (10). I'm excited about our season. We've shored up the relief pitching. Although Gonzalez really scared the crap out of me, yesterday, but he pulled through. There will continue to be growing pains, i.e. Scott Thorman, Kelly Johnson, etc...but I belive in the Braves. They can't let me down again!!

Tomorrow is my birthday. Yeah me, I'm turing the big 2-4. I'm getting so old. To celebrate, I'm driving down with a few friends and family (who I basically begged) to Philadelphia to watch the Braves game. Tim Hudson will be pitching against Cole Hammels, so it should be a good game. I need everyone to cross their fingers, toes...because it's supposed to well, you know. I can't even write it. I know it will be cloudy and cool, perfect baseball weather, once you bring along some extra packets of swiss miss. And it's dollar hot dog night! And they are giving out free t-shirts. So if you're in the area come on by! Citizens Bank Park is always a good time.

Also, it was very exciting race on Sunday in Martinsville. I would have liked to have seen Dale Jr. win or at least Gordon take out himself and Jimmie Johnson on the last lap, but alas, we had to settle for another Johnson win. race results

What's up with Jamie McMurray? He's totally getting out of his funk. He's currenlty 12th in points, which would put him in the chase, and he picked up another top 10 on Sunday. Congrats to the whole 26 team, they really seem to be turning the corner.

Not doing so well, anyone named Casey/Kasey. Both are bringing up the rear in 34th and 33rd respectively. There was so much hype for these guys, but so far they haven't really been delivering. But Elliott Sadler has really been doing somewhat well. Apparenlty, they can only have one good team at Evernham.

Cup Standings

Oh yeah, and the Florida Gators won yesterday becoming the first team to win two straight since my beloved Dukies did it in 91 and 92. Does anyone know what Bobby Hurley's up to? I kind of lost track after the whole car accident during his rookie season.


I will not be able to blog for the rest of the week. My home computer is currently dying so, I'm just praying it can hold on long enough for me to move my itunes library.

Don't forget to watch "Friday Night Lights" on Wednesday at 8 PM/est on NBC. The season finale of "October Road" airs on Thursday at 10 PM/est after "Grey's Anatomy." "The Office" is finally back from weeks of re-runs and it's supersized. Check that out on Thursday at 8 PM/est on NBC. I think that's about it on the TV notes.

Have a good Easter/Passover!

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: