Thursday, October 19, 2006

October 19, 2006

So last night I watched Dancing with the Stars and I was absolutely shocked *SPOILER* that Mr. Belding was there cheering on Mario Lopez! I’m still waiting for Zach and Kelly to show up, but I’m sure they’re just busy. OH and what about Mama aka Jesse Spano?

MLB Playoffs:

National League Championship Series

St. Louis Cardinals v. New York Mets
Game 6 Recap
Cardinals 2
Mets 4

Game 7
First Pitch: 8:19 PM/est on Fox
Stadium: Shea Stadium in Flushing, NY
Scheduled Pitchers
Cardinals: Jeff Suppan (1-0)Mets: Oliver Perez (1-0)

NASCAR Update:
Johnny Sauter’s #00 Chevy in the Busch Series has a great pit crew behind him. Yeah, so Kevin Harvick locked up the Busch Series Championship at Lowe’s Motor Speedway Friday night, but that same night, Johnny Sauter’s pit crew locked up the Checkers/Rally’s Double Drive Thru Pit Challenge. Congratulations!

Congratulations also go out to Ken Schrader who will make his 700th start in the Cup Series on Sunday.

#2 Miller Lite Dodge crew was penalized for a shock infraction discovered over the weekend at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. Crew Chief Roy McCauley was not only fined $25,000 he was also suspended until November 1st. Kurt Busch was docked 50 driver points and Roger Penske was docked 50 owner points. If only this meant something. I mean, he’s not only out of the running for the Championship, he’s out of the running for the 11th place spot that Tony Stewart has pretty much locked up.

Finally, since I didn’t do my Monday rewind, I just wanted to give shout outs to Kasey Kahne, who won the Bank of America 500, his 6th win of the season and to Jeff Burton who remains in first in the Championship standings after coming in 3rd on Saturday.

Giants Update:
Rumors are swirling that Tiki Barber may retire at the end of this season. The 31 year old running back is beginning to feel his age. His business manager said that if the Giants do not win the Super Bowl this year and have a team capable of winning it next year, Tiki might return. So basically he’s retiring at the end of the season, because we are so winning it this season. You know why, I have a secret weapon. The three games I’ve worn my Eli Manning t-shirt, they’ve won, the two I haven’t, they lost. Apparently, we’re going undefeated from here on out because I’m wearing my Eli shirt on Sundays!

Around Sports:
Baseball
Since I haven’t updated in a couple of day I wanted to mention that after making it to the ALCS, Ken Macha, manager of the Oakland A’s has been fired. Apparently, he was not getting along with his players. Also, Lou Pinella has been hired to manage the Cubs. He will continue to lead the Cubs away from winning the World Series.

Football:
Former Giants head coach, Jim Fassel has been fired as offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens. Despite the Ravens having a 4-2 record, they have the 28th best offense in the league.

Popo in my Crib News:
Chicago White Sox short stop, Juan Uribe was arrested on Sunday in connection with a shooting in the Dominican Republic. Watch out Juan, because the popo are on your tail!

Around the World:
Here’s some advice, stay away from STINGRAYS! After all, it was the only animal to bring down Steve Irwin. (Is it too early for Steve Irwin jokes?) An 81 year old man was stung in the heart after a stingray somehow got onto his boat. James Bertakis is currently in critical condition at a local hospital.

In put down that oil and put on some sunscreen news…the whole in the ozone layer is at a record size. And it’s not getting smaller! Currently the hole is 10.6 million square miles large. This totally puts a damper on my trip to the South Pole.

As if I ever need another reason to love Texas…Burleson, TX (isn’t that where Kelly Clarkson’s from?) is teaching its school kids how to defend themselves against gunmen. In Texas, isn’t that pretty much everyone, I mean you can carry a concealed weapon. How amazing is that? Anyway…according to abcnews.com a group called “Response Options” has produced instructional video tapes that teach kids various options to deal with gunmen. Seriously, I think it’s good to teach kids what to do when a gunmen enters there school, it’s unfortunately become the world we live in.

Celebrity Tid Bits:
Congratulations to Dougray Scott who announced his engagement to girlfriend Claire Forlani. I loved that in the people magazine article that talked about the engagement it stated that Scott was in Mission Impossible: II and is on Desperate Housewives while Claire was in Meet Joe Black and Mallrats. First of all, Mallrats is so the better of the two films, and second of all, you forget to mention that fantastic movie with Freddie Prinze, Jr. I believe it was called Boys and Girls!

In oh no he dident news…Eric Church, singer of one my new favorite songs “Two Pink Lines,” has quit the Rascal Flatt’s Me and My Gang tour on Thursday. He will be replaced by Taylor Swift. Swift’s current single, “Tim McGraw” is off of her soon to be released debut CD. Church said he will continue to tour solo.

Dierks Bentley’s newest album, Long Trip Alone was released on Tuesday along with Vince Gill’s 4 disc CD, These Days.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Chris Kattan (36) and Jon Favreau (40).

Random Quote: I was reading abc.com and they had a story about Cover Letters from Hell, so of course I had to read it. Apparently, Killian Advertising in Chicago has a section of their website dedicated to the horrible cover letters they receive from job applicants. Of course, it’s just pieces of the cover letter and everything is done to protect the identity of the writer, but it made me think, is my cover letter on some wall of crappy cover letters? And also, how did these people graduate college? Anyway, here’s my favorite:

"[My] proven record of successful brand building ... demonstrate[s] my ability to perform in a fast paced environment. Originally from Vietnam, I also offer expertise in the following areas:
- Asian cuisine: I deliver Nem, in-box or out-of-the-box,
- Traditional massage: I satisfy Client above their expectation,
- Karaoke singing: but also a lot of listening, listening and listening to Client.


You can read all of the amazing listings at killianadvertising.com/coverletters.html

It’s been fun blogging with you,

Kate

No comments: